Baby Tortoise Food List
So You’ve Picked Out The Perfect Baby Tortoise For Sale, And Now You’re Getting Prepared For His Or Her Arrival.. But What Does A Baby Tortoise Eat?
Explore our baby tortoise food list below and find out what are baby tortoise edible plants, and baby tortoise edible weeds, that are safe for your new baby tortoise to eat!
Baby tortoise Edible Plants & Tortoise Edible Seeds that are safe for tortoises to eat including sulcata tortoise safe plants and more. The most important thing to focus on is variety. Here at tortoise town, we feed a big mixture of the following, daily: Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, beet greens, turnip greens, spring mix, escarole, endive, yellow squash, green zucchini, minced carrots (we mince in Vitamix and sprinkle/toss over food) and soaked and softened measure.
Shop with confidence as tortoise town is your source for the healthiest, captive-bred box turtles for sale as well as a tortoise for sale in the world. We ship our turtles and tortoises in heated, insulated shipping boxes via FEDEX overnight with early AM delivery! Each turtle or tortoise sale comes with our 7-day health guarantee and lifetime free support!
Baby Tortoise Food Preparation
We slice and dice up all of our food, even the greens and make a “tortoise salad” so to speak. We mix everything in, even including the Mazuri tortoise chow.
Adding Supplements: We use a mixture of 3 parts Vionate, which is a multivitamin/mineral powder and one part Reptical WITH D3. We use this mixture every day, tossed lightly with our tortoise salad.
Various types of tortoises enjoy weeds, plants and other edible greens. You can feed these types of plants to the following species: Sulcata tortoise, leopard tortoise, indian star tortoise, aldabra tortoise, burmese star tortoise, russian tortoise, greek tortoise, hermann’s tortoise, egyptian tortoise, pancake tortoises and most other species of tortoise for sale.
Recommended Tortoise Safe Plants
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officianale)
- Hawkbits (Leontodon spp.)
- Sowthistles (Sonchus spp.)
- Hawkweeds (Pictis spp.)
- Hawkbeards (Crepis spp.)
- Plantains (Plantago spp.)
- Clovers (Trifolium spp.)
- Honeysuckle (Lonicera periclymenum) [preferred by T. hermanni]
- Cat’s ears (Hypochoeris spp.)
- Vetches (Vicina spp.)
- Trefoils (Lotus spp.)
- Mallows (Malva spp.)
- Bindweeds (Calystegia spp.)
- Sedums (Sedum spp.)
- Ivy-leaved Toadflax (Cymbalaria muralis)
- Also (observed eaten by T. hermanni and T. marginata in Greece):
- Robinia (pseudo-acacia) leaves
- Wild clematis
In practice, the important thing is to provide a variety of fresh ‘natural’ graze. This is vastly superior to ‘supermarket salads’ and will supply a far greater range of minerals and essential trace elements. The fiber content will also be far high than ‘commercial’ salads. If you can manage to grow some of these plants in your tortoise enclosure your tortoises will certainly appreciate your efforts. Not only Mediterranean tortoises will benefit from a healthier diet. Ashley Woods, a Tortoise Trust member who keeps and breeds leopard tortoises (Geochelone pardalis), includes several wild plants in their daily die:
Baby Tortoise Safe Weeds List
- Please note this list is in addition to a large free range area where animals can graze and browse on various grasses and clovers – grass is a very important factor in the diet of leopard and sulcata tortoises, for example. Don’t forget Mazuri tortoise chow, as a 2-3 day a week staple!
Remember when searching for any tortoises for sale, including a new baby tortoise for sale, tortoise town is your source for the best tortoise for sale , baby tortoises for sale , baby turtles for sale, and adult turtles for sale of any turtle store anywhere including a huge aquatic turtles for sale section. If you are interested in tortoise care, please visit our care section. If you are looking for other reptiles for sale, check out our sister store, CB reptile.Looking to buy baby turtles for sale or baby tortoises for sale?Tortoise Town is proud to bring you the highest quality, hand raised captive bred tortoises for sale and turtles for sale in the United States. We offer a variety of captive-bred box turtles for sale, turtles for sale, tortoise hatchlings for sale, including sulcata tortoise for sale, baby sulcata tortoise, russian tortoises for sale, burmese star tortoise, Sri Lankan Star Tortoise, indian star tortoise, box turtle for sale, we offer the ability to buy pet tortoise online and get it shipped overnight to your door.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) leaves, stems and flowers.
- Red clover(Trifolium pratence) leaves, stems & flowers
- White clover (Trifolium repens) leaves, stems and flowers.
- Greater Plantain(Plantago media)
- Ribgrass or Ribwart Plantian(Plantago lancealata)
- Smooth Sow Thistle(Sonchus oleraceus) leaves, stems & flowers
- Prickly Sow Thistle (Sonchus asper) coarsely or finely chopped.
- White-Dead Nettle * (Lamilim album)
- Red-Dead Nettle (Lamium pupureum)
- Chickweed * (Stelaria media)
- Smooth hawks-beard (Crepis capilloris) leaves & flower
- Hedge mustard (Sisymbrium offlcinale) young plants
- Bramble(Rubus fruticosus) shoots, tender leaves & fruit.
Leopard Tortoise For Sale & More!
Pardalis Babcocki (traditional common Leopard Tortoise) Pardalis Pardalis also known as the Giant South African Leopard Tortoise for sale. We offer Leopard Tortoise hatchlings for sale, baby tortoise for sale, well-started leopard tortoises for sale as well as adult leopard tortoises from time to time when available. We have beautiful baby Greek tortoise as well as golden greek tortoise hatchling.